Thursday, September 5, 2013

A New Marine


My youngest brother just graduated from Marine boot camp in San Diego, CA. We met my parents there to attend the ceremonies. I can't believe my youngest sibling is a marine. He has grown up so fast. His demeanor had definitely changed from before he joined the Marine Corps. He seemed positive, self confident, and excited to do his best. I probably sound like one of those "Join the Marines" commercials, but I was surprised at how proud of him I was.


Dad and little brother below. TWINS! Same squinty eyes and same shaped nose. I love those guys.


Graduation day was a humid and hot day. Our little baby was sweating pretty bad. It's obvious how uncomfortable she felt in the picture below. Poor little bug. She was a good sport about it all. 


My parents, little brother, and us after the graduation. Grandpa and baby girl playing in the shade in the bottom photo. After our visit, my parents got teary eyed. They only do that because they have to part ways with that sweet little chubby cheeked infant. It's a recent occurrence now that she's in the picture.